Audience: Sleep Technologists and Respiratory Therapists
DeVilbiss Healthhcare has positioned itself as a leader in providing complimentary continuing education lectures for clinical professionals in the field so individuals may meet their CEU requirements. Webinars from DeVilbissClinicalEducation.com help you keep your professional education and certifications up-to-date easily, and at no cost. We offer a variety of clinically-relevant topics as both live and on-demand courses. This means you can access CEU courses from the comfort of your home or office. Two types of Webinars are offered: Live and On-Demand
“Research Review: Clinical Management of Poor Adherence to CPAP”
Wednesday, September 19, 2007 12:30 PM - 1:30 PM EDT
This Webinar will focus on advances in research regarding the consequences of sleep apnea and methods to improve adherence to treatment. It examines medical and psychological consequences of sleep apnea and non-restorative sleep. Some of these studies also utilize behavioral methods, based on psychological theories of behavior change, in an attempt to enhance treatment adherence in newly diagnosed patients with sleep apnea syndrome.
Meet Your Sleep Technologist CEU Requirements From Home or Office. To pre-register for the live Sleep Webinars, go to www.devilbissclinicaleducation.com
Other Sleep Topics in On-Demand Archives available for 1 CEU Credit each:
Audience: Sleep Technologists & Respiratory Therapists
* “How to Start an OSA Patient Education Program in Your Sleep Lab”
* “Latest Findings on CPAP’s Impact on Strokes, Diabetes, Parasomnias & Impotence”
* “Research Review: Clinical Management of Poor Adherence to CPAP” (Available On- Demand after Sept. 19, 2007)
Respiratory Category Topic Areas for Live Webinars Include:
Audience: Respiratory Therapists
*“Asthma Healthy Home Guidance for Your Patients and Their Families”
Wednesday, September 19, 2007 11:00 AM - 12:00 PM EDT
This Webinar will discuss how to identify environmental asthma triggers and biological pollutants in the home. You will learn how to help your patients and their caregivers locate pollutants and minimize allergens. Additionally, nebulizer cleaning and compressor filter replacement will be covered.
Respiratory On-Demand Archives:
* “Practical Aspects of Oxygen Conserving Devices” “Ambulatory Oxygen via Transfilling Technology According to GOLD and LTOT”
* “Tips and Techniques for Helping Your Patients Live With Supplemental O2”
* “Economic and Therapeutic Factors Driving Home Oxygen Technology” (delivered in two-parts)
* “Striking GOLD in the Home Care Market”
* “Advances in Compressor Nebulizer Technology”
* “Asthma Healthy Home Guidance for Your Patients and Their Families” (Available On-Demand after Sept. 19, 2007)
For more information, contact Theresa Shumard, Sleep Advocate & Manager of Clinical Services & Education for DeVilbiss at theresa.shumard AT devilbissHC dot com (email address spelled this way here to avoid spam-bot intrusions. Please use standard email format for contacting Theresa by using the @ sign for "AT" and . for the "DOT" as listed above).